01 November 2007

Movies - October 2007

I'm lazy, lazy, lazy!

Summer's all over the place and I'm hiding behind blinds not letting a single blade in. Switched off the aircon to save the planet. Therefore slowly dying myself.

Anybody to save me?

Have seen few flicks worth mentioning. Red Rock West was a surprisingly decent one, Little Fish was strong and the winner is Corbijn's Control. This guy, while spending almost 30 years in England is so remarkably Dutch. He's witty, he's smart, he's laid-back and very pro. One can almost touch his conscience. Definitely knows where he's heading and what he's doing at all times. You've heard it right. He's smart. Smarter then anybody thinks he is. Thumbs up.

Anyway, here's the list before I jump off the balcony.

1. Obsluhoval jsem anglického krále (2006) (disappointing)
2. An Officer And A Gentleman (1982) (predictable, narrow)
3. Team America: World Police (2004) (very South-parkish, huh, very trendy)
4. Little Fish (2005) (Kate, Sam and Hugo are great in this little Aussie gem)
5. Charade (1963) (a must for Audrey Hepburn admirers)
6. Knocked Up (2007) (good chill)
7. Red Rock West (1992) (Mr I-Can't-Act-Any-Better-And-Any-Different-Than-This delivers a classic)
8. Naked Lunch (1991) (lucky I fell asleep; repeatedly lucky!)
9. Conrol (2007) (Corbijn's an instant legend!)
10. 1408 (2007) (Cusack is one of few actors who are even worse than Cage. Flick's alright)
11. Crank (2006) (if you wanna get killed, Jason Statham is your man)

That's it, kids. That's it. I have to pay taxes, so excuse me while I kiss the sky.

No comments: