05 January 2012

Out there

Tell me I'll never have to be out there again — that's what Harry's and Sally's sidekicks promise each other after they receive withdrawn phone calls from their respective friends.

It's easy to comprehend why people are ready to accept unacceptable. Fear. Fear of being left alone and forgotten is what drives all those thirty-somethings to act; suddenly willing to compromise and settle. Often settle for less. Fear of being passed by. Fear of unknown. The same drives people to stay in not-so-overly-happy relationships. Linger, linger, linger a bit more. I understand the concept very well. Just am not willing to follow and participate anymore.

She's still filling my thoughts, throughout. I cannot stop thinking about her. Yet even as we spent evenings walking together I kept contemplating.

Was this to be? Such a simple question and such uncertainty. Forget it, I had been told by everyone in the know. Things done cannot be undone, I've known her already too well and cannot take all those moments back. It's late, far too late. So much for forgetting.

OK. Cool. Hopefully just a half a year of cold turkey and I'll be fine.

Or at least slightly better.

No comments: