28 October 2012

The Longest Night, Part Two

Accepting events as they unfold seemed to be the safest bet. A pleasant conversation over the dinner, a passionate fondling in a cab afterwards. And a few dragging minutes before the lights went off in my place.

I remember little. Showing her around and then, all of a sudden, her back pressed against the wall. Her eyes widening, her lips parting, her body melting.

Intermission. Me, gazing at her, astonished, overwhelmed. So was she, gazing back at me.

Engaging in small talk for those few remaining seconds before we found our way to the mattress, the centre of this squat universe.
Can you lend me a T-shirt, please?
Pressing my lips against hers and kissing her long and slowly. And gently, above all. She's giving in, naturally, calmly. And me, absorbed, fascinated, amazed: It's the real thing.

No comments: