28 January 2007

A short one about wanting

The more I want, the less I have. That is probably something that works universally. It also works the other way around. The less I want, the more I have. Until something breaks and then I don't have anything. Not that something broke or that I want something. I'm not expecting anything, thus I'm not missing anything, so I can see my Buddha slash Seneca companions kindly waving at me from their perspective heavens.

What did I want? Oh yeah, I don't want anything.

Sure, dream on, my alter ego.

6 comments:

Zasnívaná said...

wanting is the most painful thing I remember...lately :)

Daily Whinger said...

Wanting can be pretty painful, no doubt, however imagine needing. think cold turkey.

Zasnívaná said...

turkey? cause I got wings?;)or I just missunderstood :)
well, wanting vs. needing...u should write and essay on this topic. would be interesting to read.

Daily Whinger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daily Whinger said...

Try to google cold turkey, check dictionaries or Wikipedia.

Zasnívaná said...

oh, well, thanks, geteting wiser day by day ;)