22 February 2009

Just looking

I observed the Alps from the office kitchen when the weather was nice. Waited for the water to boil and sipped tea afterwards, gazing at the mountains. Guten tag, said somebody passing by. G'day, I answered.

Did you enjoy your food?, repeated uninterested waiters their routine question over and over in different places. I blankly nodded while my grim expression screamed no-bloody-way! everywhere I went.

Everywhere but Swagat, the place to eat Indian in this city.

Stared through the hotel window at night. Flipped through TV channels. Scrutinised my face in the mirror. No, I wasn't bored, just lifeless.

If I was expecting redemption through driving home in blizzard, it hadn't come.

Where the heck is warmth?

2 comments:

zabka said...

just wanted to say hi...

warm up your day a bit :)

Daily Whinger said...

thanks a lot ;-)