01 February 2009

Là-bas

This is very much like the old days; my place deserted in the same way my soul is. Nothing but mess and leftovers remind me of once glamorous youth of yesteryear. It's late at night; emptiness is asking questions, demanding answers. I cannot fall asleep. A zombie-to-be is staring into darkness. Would be watching a movie instead; if I only understood French. Tonight, it'd be Les nuits fauves for sure.

Hanging around, lingering, reflecting. This is me, brainwashed by never-ending commitments; by useless, unimportant responsibility. Not blaming anyone, not even myself. It is how it is — a conformist approach by a conformist scumbag. Am too weak to look for a quick fix tonight, just making a note.

On the light side, it's been snowing today.

3 comments:

zabka said...

tomorrow is a new day...

smile :)

S. said...

do not smile at the emptyness or darkness. they might smile back.
catch a snowflake.

zabka said...

heh
yeah, youre right, you adults need to have a more sophisticated reason for smiling that a fact that tomorrow is a new day. im fine with that piece of hope... a kid!
enjoy your day ;)