29 September 2011

Content

Sitting on the sofa, facing each other. Her cousin is just a meter away checking his Facebook account, entertaining the party with details of his life, e.g. dogs, work and home renovation to name a few.

I'm hardly listening. I'm only capable of exchanging fleeing glances with her and an occasional random smile. After all, that's all I long for.

She wants me to stay over but won't let me sleep in her bed; not tonight. Nevermind. Instead, she's stroking me as I'm laying my head down, then disappearing in the other room a minute later.

So little and so much happened in last twenty-four hours. I'm leaving her place before she wakes up early in the morning. The city is bathing in autumn fog but I cannot care less.

I'm at peace with myself and everything around: content with whatever's happening and whatever is or is not to come.

No comments: